Sunday, September 1, 2013

Welcome to all my new friends!  I'm so grateful you decided to stop by my blog to learn more about what I'm doing to make lasting changes in my family. 

On Sunday, September 1st, KSL aired a segment about our family taking the Healthy Habits Challenge.  It was a short segment and we didn't discuss a lot on air but rest assured there is a very detailed plan being formulated for my family.   In the coming days I will share with you some very different and unique approaches I'll be taking to change things around here. 

What you will NOT find here is a detailed diet plan that requires strict militant adherence or eliminates entire food groups.  This is for imperfect people!  No perfection will be tolerated here!!

What you WILL find is insight and personal opinions not found anywhere else.  Things like why I think there's no such thing as a "Trigger Food" and why it's ok to trust your gut when science is touting its new finding about nutrition.  Also, I'll talk about unconventional ways to encourage healthy habits in your home.  How about a kitchen/pantry make over?  A little organization and beautification might make you less likely to avoid cooking because you don't know what you have, where it is or your kitchen is just sooo ugly you hate being in there.  Did you notice my lovely dark green countertops?  Gotta change that!  And I have a cheap and beautiful way to do it you're gonna LOVE!!  Or how about a discussion about how your body isn't the cause of your pain but a reflection of it?  Or the ever controversial, why I don't believe in depression (for the majority of pill takers/counseling addicts) anymore.

So why should you listen to this fat lady give you advice about how to lose weight?  Well, for one thing I've done it many times and I learn something new about myself with each attempt.  And frankly, weight loss has very little to do with knowledge of nutrition and exercise.  I've probably read enough material on the subject to choke a horse.  Yet look me.  My knowledge has gotten me nowhere.  The other reason is that it's very rare to get to see someone's internal transformation while it's happening.  Was she perfect with her diet everyday?  How did she deal with birthday cake or Thanksgiving?  How did she get over that really bad fight with the hubby without eating herself into oblivion?  What did she do after she slipped and DID eat herself into oblivion?  I think that would be much more useful than to listen to someone's "when I was fat" stories after the fact.  Weight loss isn't a perfect process for perfect people.  We need to face the sloppiness of it all.

This blog is about finding answers within and being true to what we believe and not what we are being sold.  It's the inconsistency we feel when our personal belief says everything the Earth provides for food serves a purpose and is for our good clashes with the world's view that something you know is from God is bad for you.  That's when we hesitate, don't fully commit, doubt ourselves and eventually fail.  We know better but we don't trust our inner voice.

I mentioned to some that this blog is about accountability to me.  But as I've thought about it more it's really about community.  I don't need any more advice or coaching.  I need love and support and more importantly I need to reach out and love and support others.  I believe this is where true and lasting healing lies.  When are hearts are full our tummies are more satisfied.

Come back tomorrow and often to follow along, comment and get support from others, whether you deal with weight issues or someone you love does.  Also, share posts you find insightful or helpful with your friends online and off.

All good things...
Tina



 





No comments:

Post a Comment