Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Aaaaand we have a winner! Finally!!

Well, I opened it up to my Facebook peeps to help me think of a new challenge for November.  For a while there I was beginning to wonder if that was such a good idea!  I was getting the craziest stuff!!  Especially from that complete lunatic, Aunt Shirley.  We all have one of those, right?  (I bet mine's crazier!)

But seriously, I loved reading all your ideas and felt so loved and supported.  Except maybe from my sister who suggested I jump from a Utah cliff with a parachute packed by my brother.  Certain death was not a challenge I was interested in but it seemed to amuse her so, bless her heart. :)

The winning idea came from my cousin, Judeena.  Whom I haven't seen since she was knee-high to a grasshopper and yet we are obviously still connected by the eternal bonds of similar family dislikes.  She suggested I shouldn't be allowed to use my dishwasher for a month.  I think I began to tear up as soon as I read those words.  Someone out there knows me so well.  Not just the surface me but the deep down, darkest part of my soul.  I was free!  (I don't know what that means.)

When I mentioned this idea to my husband.  He gave me an evil grin and said, "That's the one." or something like that.  Then he proceeded to tell me that he would make sure I hand washed every dish, myself, every day.  This is key because I often let it go a couple days and then he jumps in and does them out of exasperation.  Hey, I'm not too proud to admit this is not my forte.  Mostly because I dislike it so much.

So there you have it.  November's challenge.  10 lbs. or no dishwasher or helpers for all of December.  Yep, that should do it!

...all good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment